This dip is a staple for football games in our house – light, flavorful, and full of deliciousness!
Carrot bacon – carrot bacon recipe
2 cups finely chopped lettuce
1 cup chopped tomatoes
2 avocados, pitted, peeled, and mashed
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt & pepper
Juice from 1 lime
– Follow recipe for carrot bacon.
– While carrot bacon cooks, prepare the guacamole by combining avocados, onion, cilantro, garlic powder, lime, and salt and pepper.
– Add the guacamole as a base to a serving dish.
– Add lettuce and tomatoes on top of guacamole.
– Once carrot bacon is cooked, make sure it is in bite sized pieces and add to the top of the dip.
– Serve with chips and enjoy!
Refreshing, sweet, and bright, this juice is a great way to kickoff your day! ☼
1 medium golden beet
1 medium orange
1 green apple
Simply juice the 3 ingredients and enjoy!
Kale is always the go to, switch it up and try a different leafy green!
Roughly 3-5 medium green Swiss chard leaves, stems removed
2 Tbsp ground flax seed
2 Tbsp hemp seeds
2 Tbsp nut butter
Splash of plant milk
– Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth, add plant milk until desired consistency.
Brighten up with this refreshing margarita!
1 mango, diced and frozen preferably
Juice from 1 lime
3 medium mint leaves
2 shots Tequila
2 cups ice
– This one is easy, put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Got some extra veggies in the fridge? Want to sneak them into your dinner? This hack is for you!
The beautiful thing about vegetables like zucchini, summer squash, and carrots – you can sneak them into almost anything!
Making nacho cheese? Add some cooked carrots and or potatoes to the blender. Making a pasta sauce? Blend some cooked zucchini or summer squash and voila, a healthier pasta sauce. My personal favorite is adding an onion, and 2 summer squashes to my mac and cheese sauce.
This trick comes in handy for picky eaters, as these vegetables are not too flavorful, they can help make your dinner go farther and add extra nutrition.
Smoky, crispy, and of course flavorful.
3 large carrots, peeled
2 tsp olive oil
2 tsp liquid smoke or coconut aminos
2 tsp maple syrup
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp salt & pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
– Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
– Whisk all glaze ingredients together in a small bowl.
– With a vegetable peeler or mandoline, peel carrots from end to end to create bacon strips.
– Lay carrot strips on baking pan and brush both sides of strips with glaze.
– Bake for 7 minutes, flip, finish baking for 7 more minutes.
The “new normal” around here includes Christmas cheer coming early, family movie marathons, and spur of the moment adventures. Since transitioning to working from home in March, we have all grown so close together, so we started bringing Gizmo on some adventures.
We started introducing Gizmo to a harness and leash this summer by going on family picnics. Now, as the months are getting colder and snow is approaching, we go on family car rides. Without a destination we have come across some really amazing sites. Within a few miles of our home we have found wineries, a castle, perspective picnic spots for 2021, and beautiful tree covered backroads. As the holidays approach we are getting excited to show G Christmas some lights!